The great thing about freelancing and owning your own business is that you have the freedom to create your work environment. Don’t create a toxic one with people pleasing. Unsurprisingly, the topic of people pleasing is one that comes up often in conversation with my students and within in my masterclass. We all want our clients to be happy. Sometimes we feel the need to go above and beyond for our clients. But setting healthy boundaries and expectations actually improves your client relationships. It also helps tame people pleasing and creates a productive work environment for you and your client.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- What are we, as podcast managers, trying to accomplish by people-pleasing?
- Why saying ‘yes’ to your client is not always the best approach
- Setting boundaries and expectations in your freelance business
- Being clear with yourself and your clients and upholding boundaries
- 3 actions to take to tame your people pleasing
- How to create time to consider your clients requests instead of responding with instant reactions without saying ‘no’
- and, The freedom of creating your own working environment as a freelancer and business owner
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!