Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
I’ve been hearing from a lot of you that feel that if you were to start networking, you know you would land clients, but for some reason you have a hard time putting yourself out there. So if this is you, listen up. Today we are talking about three reasons why it may be hard to put yourself out there and promote your new podcast manager business. We talk about building confidence and acting with courage, and what to do if your current or previous job prevents you from going public. We also discuss whether you actually need to create content to promote your business, letting yourself off the hook from self disappointment, and focusing on building relationships.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Building your confidence as a podcast manager with small acts of courage
- Getting real feedback on your work to gain confidence and courage to grow your business
- Using (or not using) social to promote your business when you are hesitant to go public
- How to promote your business when your current or previous job(s) hold you back from going public
- Feeling like you need to create content and not knowing what to share
- Do you actually need to create content to have a successful podcast manager business?
- Creating relationships and focusing on one-on-one conversations
- and, Other ways to promote your business, including cold-pitching your services in an authentic way
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to, Episode 70: How Justine Delores gained confidence as a new podcast manager
- Listen to, Episode 76: 3 actions to start believing in your potential as a podcast manager
- Listen to, Episode 144: 3 ways to use your introverted personality as a superpower
- Listen to, Episode 147: Uncover your glass ceiling as a business owner
- Listen to, Episode 149: Only landing $300 clients? Listen to this!
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!