Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
I receive emails all the time from listeners listing their questions, concerns, and hesitations about starting a podcast management business. Some people worry about taking on a position of authority where they’re making recommendations and guiding people. Others are concerned about their technological knowledge in this rapidly growing industry. Whatever your hesitation is, keep in mind that you can learn what you don’t know. But if you don’t enjoy the process of learning or the essence of the job itself, podcast management isn’t going to be right for you.
On today’s episode, I want to get real with you. I want to take an honest look at the Podcast Management job and lay out some facts that you’ll seriously want to consider before making this your career. I’ll be going over the nuts and bolts of the job itself, the day-to-day reality, and what you need to be successful. It’s my hope that giving you these details up front will help you make an informed choice about joining this profession.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- The details of podcast management itself. Including managing details, guiding podcasters, and taking initiative
- Even if you’re not doing the editing, you’re still listening to many podcast episodes per week. Make sure you like podcasts in the first place!
- and, how the podcast industry is rapidly evolving, and your job success and satisfaction will depend on your ability to stay on top of things
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Giveaway details: July 13-18, 2021. To enter: Write a review and share the podcast in your stories or DM me, using #podcastmanagergiveaway. Prizes: 1. Strategy Call with Lauren Wrighton. 2. Yeti Mic + mpow headphones. 3. Rachel Rogers Book: We should all be millionaires
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!