Today we are talking all about client contracts. As a freelancer, contracts can seem really overwhelming, but getting the basics down and having a great contract can help us not to worry about those uncomfortable situations and enjoy the work that we do. In this episode, I share the three things a podcast manager should include in their contracts, and how to feel confident in your contracts.
Also, today I extend an invitation to those thinking of niching down as a podcast manager, but don’t know where to start, or to those who want to get the ball rolling on their podcast managing business: come join my Profitable Manager Podcast Kickstart. This 5-day kickstart will help you take the guess work out of podcast managing. We will discuss what to offer your clients, how to package and price your services, and how to find and land amazing clients that will help you reach your monthly income goal.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- The 3 most important things to include in your client contracts
- What’s an appropriate turn around time
- How to handle late audio submissions from your client
- Using And.co or Honeybooks for setting up Invoices
- Handling cancellation policies
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Sign up for: The 5 day kickstart that will take the guesswork out of becoming a podcast manager
- Listen to Episode 27: Avoiding scope creep with your podcast clients
- Learn more about Fiverr Workspace for invoicing (previously And.co)
- Get a Honeybook account for client management
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!