Rocking discovery calls with potential clients is an important skillset to develop. It gives you the opportunity to find out what the client needs help with AND you get to know each other better to see if you’d be a good fit to work together.
I get it. Discovery calls are scary! Especially when you’re a beginner. Being nervous is totally normal, but you can develop a habit or ritual before a call to put you in a great mindset before you call.
So how to you get on a discovery call with a potential client, use your lack of experience to your advantage AND show your value? Today we are covering all of this, and more!
If you want to chat more, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode about discovery calls, we cover:
- What to do with that nervous energy you are feeling before a discovery call
- Having an intro ready and positioning yourself as the person in charge
- How to collect a list of things you need to know before creating a proposal
- and, walking your client through the process and providing them with the next steps
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Episode 35: How to book great guests for your client’s podcast with Sara Whittaker
- Listen to Episode 51: How to know when to raise your prices
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!