Podcast pitching is when you try to get your client on other podcasts as a guest, and it’s a great bonus service you can offer your clients. Today I’m talking with Ann-Marie Tamrowski, a podcast manager who specializes in podcast pitching. She shares with us some tools and strategies to make the process of podcast pitching smoother and less time-consuming. We discuss specific workflow and research tools, practical tips on how to make your pitches stand out, and how to research and find shows to pitch to.
Ann-Marie Tamrowski is a Podcast Manager and Guest Strategist that helps service pros and creatives build authority for their brand through podcast guest and media outreach. She does this by providing an aligned done-for-you podcast pitch framework that takes away the soul-sucking tasks so they can feel confident to pitch themselves with ease. When she’s not booking interviews, you can find her advocating for mental health, reading non-fiction, listening to podcasts, camping with family, and tap dancing for fun.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- How Ann-Marie got started online
- The biggest challenge of podcast pitching and how to combat it
- Researching and finding shows
- Workflow tools for podcast pitching
- How to make your pitches stand out
- Balancing your pitch between the host and your client
- Ann-Marie’s pitch success rate
- Writing a pitch on behalf of a client vs as the client
- and, Tools to make podcast pitching easier
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Ann-Marie’s website, Ann-Marie Tamrowski
- Connect with Ann-Marie on Facebook and Instagram
- Reach out to potential guests at Matchmaker.fm and Podcast Hawk
- Join the Facebook Group: Podcast Guest Collaboration
- Use Asana for project management
- Use Go Full Page for taking a screenshot of an entire webpage
- Try the URL shortner Pretty Links and Bit.ly
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!