Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
As 2021 winds down, my team members and I look forward to the new year and new advancements in podcasting. Today on the show, my friend and colleague, Sara Whittaker joins me to speculate on podcasting trends we expect (and hope!) to see. We talk about different ways that podcasting may be used in the future and ways that companies could bridge the gap between podcast listening aps and social media. We also share our guesses about improvements in stats, automation and learning.
Sara Whittaker is a former student of mine and a collaborator in the Podcast Manager Program. She is also a Podcast Manager in her own right and brings a unique perspective to the show, as her client base consists of teachers and educators. Sara provides some great insights into the growing use of private podcasts for business, course creators, and other industries. While we focus on 5 main areas in our discussion today, Sara and I do a deep dive on all things trending in the podcast space!
Sara Whittaker is a former teacher and founder of Podcasting for Educators, a boutique podcasting agency. Sara works with TpT authors (Teachers Pay Teachers) and other online educators to launch and manage podcasts that make a BIG impact on their audience. Sara loves helping her clients use their podcast as a way of extending their reach and bringing in new customers to their businesses. She is also a wife and mom of a four year old daughter!
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Direct-sharing of podcast links on social media platforms
- New ways to access podcasts
- Creepy but helpful user predictions and suggestions
- Improved ability to receive listener feedback
- Better accuracy and more useful metrics from podcast hosts
- Why some updates are harder to make across the board than others
- Show searchability on listening aps
- Free vs. Paid podcasts
- The up and coming world of Private podcasts
- The celebrity host trend
- and, room for growth in the online space
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Sara’s website, Podcasting for Educators
- Connect with Sara on Instagram
- Listen to Sara’s podcast, Podcasting for Educators
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!