Trapped in a cubicle in corporate America, scheduling her life around work, and dealing with Chicago winters; Samantha Olivares knew there had to be a better way. She was right. In 2018, searching for freedom and flexibility, she started looking into her online work options. After taking a Virtual Assistant course, she landed her first client who happened to be a podcaster. Realizing that she needed a different skill set to make more money, Samantha enrolled in the Podcast Manager Masterclass. With a few years and six steady clients under her belt, she joins me today to talk about her business and the work life balance she has been able to achieve.
Today on the show, Samantha and I discuss her love of travel and her desire to be able to work from anywhere. We chat about some of the limiting beliefs she held when she started her business and still battles to this day. Samantha gives some great advice about how to re-frame the way you see your setbacks in order to learn from them. She also gives a great tip about acknowledging the value you provide to your clients when you’re questioning your rates. Finally, no success story would be complete without discussing Podcast Manager growth strategies, attracting clients, and how to effectively structure your business.
Samantha Olivares is the CEO and founder of S&E Podcast Management. She specializes in helping coaches, course creators, and online entrepreneurs launch, manage and grow their shows so they can connect with their audiences and generate more leads for their businesses. She currently lives between Mexico and the United States with her husband and French bulldog, Romeo. She loves long walks at the beach, chai lattes, and a good HIIT cardio workout session.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- The importance of client referrals
- Discounts and gifts you can offer to clients as a referral thank you
- The art of brainwashing yourself when it comes to failure
- Services offered by S&E Podcast Management
- The benefits of outsourcing Podcast Management tasks
- Setting boundaries with your clients and yourself
- Being confident in your rates and when to discuss them with the client
- and, the freedom you gain by working online as a Podcast Manager
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Samantha’s website, S&E Podcast Management
- Connect with Samantha on Facebook and Instagram
- Book a Discovery call with Samantha HERE
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!