Today I’m chatting with Rayna Booth about how she started her podcast management business! Rayna joined The Podcast Manager Program back in 2019 and in this episode she shares her story of becoming a podcast manager, leaving her 9 to 5, and how her business has grown over the past year. I hope that hearing these stories from real people that are becoming profitable podcast managers, inspires you, but also gives you some action steps on how you can do this too.
Rayna Booth is dedicated to helping clients launch and grow a binge-worthy podcast. She currently lives in Northern California with her husband, son, and beagle named Barkley. She is a true podcast junkie! Her love for podcasts started over 7 years ago and she’s been hooked ever since. Her favorite genres are Business, Society & Culture, and Health & Fitness. But her obsession is True Crime. She is committed to reducing the stress of all the behind the scenes pieces of your podcast so her clients can focus on providing their listeners amazing content.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to have a conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Rayna’s freelancing career and why she gave up the first time around
- Discovering podcast management and giving freelancing a second chance
- Rayna’s experience with landing her first client
- How Rayna quit her 9 to 5 and became full time podcast manager, working 25-30 hours a week
- Putting up boundaries with clients and what mistakes to avoid when you’re ready to outsource
- and, dealing with self doubt and how to stop yourself from becoming overwhelmed
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about Rayna on her website
- Connect with Rayna on Facebook and Instagram
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!