So I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you NEED to raise your rates! Today I’m speaking with a podcast manager that has taken that advice and done it successfully. After losing her then-current podcast clients to some unforeseen events, Brittany Kues re-set her business and raised her rates. She is now working with those high-end podcast management clients we all dream about. Brittany has some great advice for us about where to go to find those clients and how to increase the value you are providing with your services.
Like a lot of us, Brittany Kues began her online career with a desire for work-life balance. After a false start when she signed up for an online course and got scammed, Brittany found the right education and started working as a virtual assistant. When she found out about podcast management, she was hooked! Brittany is now making great money working part time, developing her own podcast, and deciding on future directions for her company. Today she shares her opinions on outsourcing, social media, and the futility of haggling with clients over pricing.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- The powerhouse combination of podcasts and Pinterest
- Where and how to find high-end podcast management clients
- When to outsource and what it may allow your business to achieve
- The dangers of Shiny Marketing Syndrome
- Why show notes are an important part of podcast growth
- Striking a balance between home life, mom life and work
- How to make your services stand out to potential clients
- and, the benefits of working with high-end clients (It’s not just the money!)
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Brittany’s website
- Connect with Brittany on Instagram
- Check out the course Brittany took, Micala Quinn’s Overwhelmed to Overbooked
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!