Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
If there is one question we love to get as podcast managers it is: How can I market my show? Today we are talking about just that with Jeremy Enns, a Podcast Marketing Strategist and Educator. We discuss his 4 essential pieces of a rock solid podcast marketing strategy EAR$: Exposure, Attraction, Retention, and Monetization. We discuss recognizing and finding the gaps in your current marketing strategy, and then how to move forward with a plan. We talk about the importance of getting paid for your work, displaying your unique personality to create audience loyalty, and concrete actions you can take to help your clients market their podcast.
Jeremy Enns is the CEO and founder of Counterweight Creative and Podcast Marketing Academy, a high-intensity, cohort-based course for creative mavericks looking to grow a raving base of brand evangelists. He has worked with dozens of brands, entrepreneurs, and creators helping them generate over 50 million podcast downloads and millions of dollars in revenue. He enjoys helping podcast grow and convert casual listeners into raving fans, clients, and customers.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Jeremy’s shift in focus from agency work to creator
- The importance of getting paid for your work and the pros and cons of partnering with sponsors
- The 4 essential pieces of a rock solid podcast marketing strategy: Exposure, Attraction, Retention, Monetization (EAR$)
- Recognizing the gaps in your own marketing strategy
- Creating content with the intent of reaching a new audience
- Focusing on making connections and friends with other people in your niche to grow your podcast
- The differences between Attraction and Exposure and picking your audience and niche
- Attraction through cover art design, show description, and pitch
- Creating personal resonance and loyalty from your audience vs information focused content
- Setting up your podcast to make monetization easy
- Following a marketing framework to diagnose your weaknesses then boost your audience and income
- and, Jeremy’s upcoming free workshop Design Your Podcast Growth Engine
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Join Jeremy’s free workshop (May 2-5th 2023): Design Your Podcast Growth Engine
- Connect with Jeremy on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Listen to, Episode 74: How we can help our clients grow their unique or niched shows with Jeremy Enns
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!