Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
In the past couple of years, the number of podcasts out there has quadrupled growing from just over 1 million podcasts to over 4 million. At the same time, tools have been coming out to make starting a podcast easier and easier which leads us to ask the question, “do podcasters still need help with their shows?”. The short answer is “yes”, because of those 4 million podcasts, only 4% are actually actively producing episodes! That means as podcast managers, we have a lot of opportunity to grow our client base and offer a service that people really need. In this episode, I’ll share some of the reasons podcasts fail and how we as podcast managers can stand in the gap to help our clients succeed.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- Do podcasters need help starting a show?
- The stats on active podcasts
- Why podcast managers are more essential than ever
- and, Tips on how to land and retain clients
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Article on podcasts still in production (referenced in episode 126)
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!