How do you network for your first podcast client? Today, in episode 3 of the First Client Series, we are talking about three things you want to keep in mind when networking for your first podcast client, or the next client you want to land in the next four weeks. I discuss finding clients by going where they are and through referrals, knowing there are enough clients for everyone, and developing a process or strategy of engaging with clients. I also talk about what do to when you feel you aren’t connecting with potential clients and learning how to communicate better through personal development.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Building authority through creating a process of engaging with clients
- Saying ‘no’ to clients who are not the right fit
- Changing the client scarcity mindset and knowing there are enough clients to reach your monthly income goal
- How to approach networking from multiple angles
- Networking and teaming up with referral partners
- Overcoming communication roadblocks when you are an introvert
- and, Growing your business through personal and professional development
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to, Episode 47: What to do if networking feels hard
- Listen to, Episode 149: Only landing $300 clients? Listen to this!
- Listen to, Episode 151: 3 reasons it may be hard to put yourself out there
- Purchase: How to Win Friends and Influence People on Audible.
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!