Today, in episode 2 of The First Client Series, I share with you three things about networking I learned while talking to students on how they have approached networking and landed their first client in four weeks. So before you start networking, these are some of the mindsets these successful students have had before they landed that first client. I discuss seeing your value as a podcast manager, even when you are new, and building up your network with small and easy steps. I also talk about discovery calls and finding a client who’s the right fit for your business. Whether you’re brand new or not, these mindsets and tips will help you on you’re way to landing your first client in four weeks.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- How you tackle being new matters and dealing with imposter syndrome
- The value you bring to the table as a new podcast manager
- Starting small and building up your network
- Shifting the networking mindset to think about real person connections
- Success rates of discovery calls and finding a client who’s the right fit
- and, Connecting with the right people with every personality type
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to, Episode 151: 3 reasons it may be hard to put yourself out there as a podcast manager
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!