Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
Today we are talking with Melissa Lea Hughes about how you can help your clients grow their show using TikTok. Melissa really breaks down one of the missing pieces of using social media, specifically TikTok, to grow our podcasts. She shares her wild story of how she got on TikTok, how she had her first viral video, and getting invited on the Kelly Clarkson show. Plus more on how to use this platform in 2023 to help your client grow their show.
Melissa Hughes is a TikTok influencer, international speaker and best selling author. She has been booked twice on The Kelly Clarkson Show and featured for the New York Times Best Seller “Primal Scream” on NBC. She has over 240,000 followers on TikTok with over 11 million likes. She is also a best selling author of a book She Can Laugh along with a children’s book called, “Mommy Loves You When”. She has also done missionary work in the UK for several years with her husband and two children.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Melissa got started working online and the struggle between going from where you are to where you want to be
- Being relatable vs. being polished as you grow your audience
- Tips to help your client become the star and content expert even while interviewing special guests
- Structuring your message for short-from content
- The Baskin Robin Principle or creating a personal, relatable connection
- Keeping it raw and showing up authentically
- Where Melissa sees TikTok going in the future
- Using multiple social media platforms and the pros and cons of Tiktok and Instagram
- Melissa’s TikTok Amplify course and membership
- and, Melissa’s new podcast She Can Share
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Melissa’s website, Melissa Lea Hughes
- Connect with Melissa on TikTok, Instagram and Youtube
- Join TikTok Amplify
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!