This is a really special episode! I’m talking to my virtual assistant (turned customer success guru) Sara Whittaker, who is also a podcast manager and today we are talking about guest management.
What is guest management?
Guest management may involve booking guests for your clients podcast, researching those guests and communicating with potential guests, on your clients behalf. There are a lot of different pieces that go into guest management and that’s what we’re going to dive into today.
This is a really valuable service to provide your podcast clients and it’s also a great way to add value and increase the price of your monthly packages. There are many ways to handle guest management and today, Sara and I share our personal experiences. We are also sharing what has worked for us and what hasn’t. By the end of this episode you’ll be able to put together a streamlined guest management system for your clients.
Sara Whittaker is a former elementary school teacher turned podcast manager and launch consultant. She finds joy in working with female entrepreneurs to launch and grow their podcast in order to reach new strides in their business. Sara is also a wife and mom to a sweet and sassy three year old!
If you want to chat more about guest management, I’d love to have a conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode about guest management, we cover:
- Who to book and where to look when booking guests for your clients podcast
- The step-by-step process of how to book guests for your clients podcast
- How to personalize your pitches to podcasters and creative ways to reach out to and land a yes
- Different ways to research and find the right guests for your client
- The best ways to reach out to potential guests
- and, how to find an email address for podcasters you want to reach out to
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Sara on Facebook and Instagram (website coming soon!)
- Listen to episode 28 – Pitching your clients to be on podcasts with podcast visibility expert, Angie Trueblood
- Check out money mindset mentor, Denise Duffield-Thomas
- Visit Listen Notes (a directory for podcasts that includes the podcasters email address)
- Sign up for Chartable to create personalized links for podcast episodes
- Use Pod.Link to easily share you podcasts
- Personal Wine makes a great podcast launch gift for clients!
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!