“Where the head goes, the body follows” is an old saying in the martial arts community. The same principle is true for business. When you change your mindset and believe in yourself, great things will happen. My guest, Justine Dolores, knows this first hand. When she started her podcast management business, Justine suffered from Imposter Syndrome and it affected her ability to attract clients. She tells us how hiring a mindset coach and changing her viewpoint has helped her overcome her fears.
Today, Justine shares some great advice about how to use discovery calls to improve your services and sales pitches. She also talks about looking for opportunities in unlikely places and what to use in lieu of a website to promote your business. As a long-time Instagram lover, Justine also has some great tips on how to use it to market your services and what to do when you DM a potential client for the first time. Although she started her business by approaching clients on Instagram and Facebook, Justine now has people seeking HER out.
More about Justine:
I was a student of Lauren’s Podcast Manager Program, I’ve just started my podcast management business at the start of the year. Before this, I was a flight attendant living in Dubai for almost 8 years & when Covid hit last year I knew it was time for me to go back home to Australia.
I wanted to continue to have that freedom lifestyle, be my own boss & work on my own terms. So I knew I wanted to start an online business. I did my research, signed up to a few courses, got the skills, set my self up legally & just got started!
So now I’m working on hitting my financial goals & having a strong focus on marketing myself & building connections on Instagram. I’ve got a few clients under my belt & just landed my first launch client.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Starting a business in Covid times
- How to use Milkshake on Instagram to promote your business
- Changing the way you see sales calls
- How to find your ideal clients on Instagram
- Guest management and what you can offer your podcast clients
- and, how to create relationships with clients and naturally bring up your services with them
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Justine on Instagram
- Check out the three Instagram Coaches Justine follows: Ela Mazur Creative, Jessica with Your Social Avenue and NKO Creatives
- Sign up to make a free Milkshake website in your phone in minutes
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!