Today we are talking about how to avoid common problems with new clients. Whether you have many clients on your roster, or you’re looking for your first client, this episode will be really helpful for you in avoiding some common issues that we see come up. Having problems with clients is just part of working with people, whether you’re working from home or the office. So, today I will cover three common problems when working with a brand new client on a launch, and three other problems you may face when you’re working with management clients. I talk about keeping clients on track with due dates, giving difficult feedback, strategizing, and being clear and direct with your clients.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Keeping launch clients on track and setting specific launch and due dates
- What to do when a client wants to move their podcast launch date
- Being specific on what is included in your launch package, and what is only under advisement
- Understanding your clients’ desired goals, ROI, and what they perceive as success
- Turnaround times and how to get your client to get their materials to you by the deadline
- Why being direct and clear with your clients benefits you and your client
- Telling clients difficult feedback and how to help them grow
- and, Strategizing with long-term clients when they reach 200+ episodes
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 25: Getting your client ROI on their podcast
- Episode 27: Avoiding scope creep with your podcast clients
- Episode 46: Using Pinterest to market your client’s podcast
- Episode 74: How we can help our clients grow their unique or niched shows
- Episode 150: Grow your clients’ show using TikTok with Melissa Lea Hughes
- Episode 154: How to design podcast graphics that actually get people to listen with Lauren Felter
- Episode 158: Design a rock solid podcast marketing strategy for your clients with Jeremy Enns
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!