Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
One thing that’s really important to talk about as freelancers, is how to avoid the feast or famine mindset. Many people believe freelancing is more of a side hustle where you are landing one-off jobs and then constantly having to look for new work. But, we can’t make a living from freelancing if we are not setting our business up in a way that allows us to bring in a consistent income, month to month, and avoid the highs and lows from client turnover.
This is why I love podcast management! When a host decides to start a podcast, they are in it for the long game. And when they are hiring a podcast manager, they have the same mindset. They are looking for a long term relationship. As freelancers, we want consistent working hours and a consistent income that we can rely on. So that’s what we’re going to talk about today!
If you want to chat more about the feast or famine mindset, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode about feast or famine mindset, we cover:
- Tools to help you build long-term relationships with potential clients which help you avoid the feast or famine mindset
- The reasons why podcast management has built in job security
- How to know when it’s the right time to let go of a client
- Making sure you’re attracting clients for the long-haul and maintaining a long-term relationship
- How to speak with potential clients to set the tone as though you’ll be working with them for a long time
- Supporting your client by finding opportunities of growth that will help grow their show
- and, looking for opportunities for you to grow your role with current clients
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!