What an insightful conversation with Lisa Cumes about the effectiveness of the platform Upwork for podcast managers in finding clients! Lisa, who has built a highly successful copywriting business through Upwork, shares invaluable insights and practical advice for freelancers looking to capitalize on the platform. From the importance of an optimized profile and correct messaging to the most effective strategies for attracting and retaining clients. This episode is a goldmine of tips for anyone seeking to thrive as a freelance professional. Join us as we dive into the world of freelance success and learn from Lisa’s journey of achieving remarkable results on Upwork.
The Skepticism Surrounding Upwork
Lisa Cumes discusses the initial skepticism and doubts that many have towards Upwork as a viable platform for finding quality clients. She emphasizes that Upwork may not be suitable for everyone and that it is important for freelancers to have certain prerequisites in place before you start looking for work on Upwork. Through her own experience and success, Lisa illustrates how Upwork can work for podcast managers with the right approach and strategy.
About Lisa Cumes
Lisa is a freelance copywriter and StoryBrand Guide who has built a multiple 6-figure, online copywriting agency, over the past 5 years. She and her team help startups and personal brands simplify their message and streamline their content marketing. She also has a passion for helping freelancers stop hustling and start building thriving full time businesses. As a mom of 3 kids, she knows how to navigate mommy guilt, actually be productive working from home and coaches other freelancers through Full Thrive Freelancers with online courses, coaching and free training focused on leveraging the Upwork Platform.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- You don’t have to be an expert level audio editor to be a great podcast manager
- How to tell if your audio editing skills is good enough
- What to do if you are not interested in offering editing in your podcast management package
- How to get feedback and testimonials on your audio editing
- Increasing your confidence and comfortable in your new podcast management business
- Getting out of the rut of perfecting your skills and taking the next step
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Lisa’s website, Full Thrive Freelancers
- Connect with Lisa on Facebook and Instagram
- Sign up for Lisa’s free Upwork Masterclass
- Get started on Upwork
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!