Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
It’s 2022, let’s check in! Are you making the money you want to be making? More importantly… are you finding and working with your Dream Clients? Today I’m reviewing tried and tested strategies that work to land podcast clients. I’ll tell you where you need to go, questions you need to ask, and things to keep in mind when you’re on the hunt for new work. I’m also looking at methods you may be using that could just be wasting your time. Now is the perfect time to assess your business and make any needed tweaks or readjustments. Let’s start the new year strong together!
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- How to assess your current strategies
- The pros and cons of using social media to find podcast clients
- Protecting yourself from “comparisonitis”
- Finding clients in unlikely places
- Starting small when you’re starting out
- What referrals can do for your business
- Stretching yourself too thin across multiple platforms or groups
- Why DIY posts don’t work
- and, learning to look for the wins when you’re down on your luck
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Other episodes on using social media to land clients:
- Episode 12: How to land podcast clients on LinkedIn with Brandi Mowles
- Episode 32: Using Instagram to land podcast clients on Instagram with Sara Brown
- Episode 37: Where to find podcast clients
- Episode 58: How to effectively promote your clients weekly episodes on social media with Krystal Charles
- Episode 60: Landing a role as a podcast manager with Raphie Wagner
- Episode 70: How Justine Dolores gained confidence as a new podcast manager
- Episode 72: How to make the most out of a freelance community
- Other client landing episodes:
- Episode 3: Am I ready to land clients?
- Episode 14: Landing clients as a podcast manger
- Episode 20: Using case studies to land ideal clients
- Episode 45: How I landed my first 7 podcast clients
- Episode 57: What to do if you are not landing clients as a podcast manager
- Episode 78: Brittany Kues on landing high end podcast management clients
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!