Are you thinking about attending a live event in 2021?
Today on the show, I’m talking to Steve Stewart about LIVE and VIRTUAL events – and if podcast managers should be attending. Steve has a ton of experience going to in-person and virtual events, all while being in the podcasting industry. 95% of the people I’ve recently talked to said they are interested in attending a live event. If that’s you, Steve shares some great ideas and things to consider to help you get the biggest impact out of going to a live event.
Steve Stewart launched his own podcast in 2010 to help market the financial coaching business he was growing, but gave it all up in 2015 when a couple personal finance bloggers wanted help producing their own podcasts.
Today, Steve produces 20+ shows weekly, including (pronounced Ploo-tuss) Plutus Award Winning podcasts such as the Stacking Benjamins Show and Afford Anything.
If you want to chat more, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode about live events, we cover:
- The benefits of choosing a niche topic you already know a lot about
- Should podcast editors and managers attend live events?
- How to get the most out of attending a live event
- The difference between live in-person events and virtual events
- How to network with other attendees
- and, what the future holds for live conferences
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Join the Podcast Editors Club on Facebook (it’s free!)
- Learn more about Steve on his website, SteveStewart.me
- Connect with Steve on Facebook and Twitter
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!