A question I get from a lot of students in the Podcast Manager Program is, “How do I move my clients from hourly to package pricing and increase my rate?” In today’s episode I share with you why it’s smart to shift your clients into package pricing (most of the time) and why it’s a benefit to your client. I discuss the pros and cons of hourly pricing and when it is valuable, for you and your client, to move into a package plan. I also talk about the pros of package pricing including consistency in planning and pricing, reserved time for your client, and allowing the client to focus on the final product. Finally I outline an example email to send your client when making the switch.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- The Pros of hourly pricing and when to charge an hourly rate
- How to structure an hourly pricing plan for your client
- How to communicate to your client the move from hourly to package pricing
- The Pros of package pricing
- Encouraging client consistency and trust in your services and abilities
- Making your client a priority by reserving time with a package
- Getting your client onboard with the switch to a package with email example
- Avoiding undercharging when pricing out your packages
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!