If you’re new to podcast management, how do you know you’re ready to put yourself out there and land clients? Do you know enough to work with a client and answer their questions on a discovery call? I get these questions all the time and in today’s episode I share how to overcome imposter syndrome and get the boost you need to feel ready to land your first client. I talk about what to do when you don’t know the answer to a client’s question, boosting your confidence, and learning from your mistakes. I discuss practical examples of responses to questions from clients and questions to ask yourself to determine if you are ready.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- What to do if a client asks you a question you don’t know the answer to with examples of responses
- How to discern if you are ready and know enough to land a client with questions to ask yourself
- Should you tell your first client that they’re your first client?
- Pricing your first package and learning from your mistakes when you’re getting started
- Boosting your confidence when you don’t feel 100% ready
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 192: The role of audio editing in podcast management: Breaking the mindset block
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!