A freelance community or group that caters to your niche are great places to get advice and network. They also have the potential to land you new clients. If you’re not in one of these groups, I’m telling you right now, you need to be! If you are, are you getting the most out of it? Today’s show is all about freelance communities and how they can help you grow your business.
In this episode, I’m going to tell you what a freelance community can do for you and what you can do for it. I’ll also give you some general group etiquette tips and some suggestions on how to approach people within those venues. We’re going to focus on the mindset you should have when you’re entering and taking part in conversations and some key points to remember when you’re interacting with your peers. Finally we’ll discuss time management, honesty, and portraying yourself with professionalism.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Finding support from others that “get it”
- The best way to network in a group by helping others
- Having honest interactions with your peers and showing compassion
- How building strong connections can lead to job referrals
- Balancing relationship building with money generating activities
- The best way to approach your peers for professional advice
- and, being humble and letting other people see you grow
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Check out Micala Quinn’s program, Overwhelmed to Overbooked, that helps mom’s build freelance careers
- Join Lauren in her Podcast Manager Mastermind Group
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!