Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
Exhaustion, overwhelm, and stress. These are a few of the things you might be feeling if you’re trying to grow your business without the proper tools in place. My guest, Kristen Westcott, is an expert in project management and will be discussing how to set up systems to help you get organized and make your life easier.
Today, Kristen shares her opinions on features you need to look for in a project management system. As well as three commonly-used tools: Trello, Asana, and ClickUp. She also gives us some great insights into time management, organizing tasks, and the dangers of attempting too many business strategies.
Like many people, Kristen’s business was thrown into turmoil when Covid-19 hit. Already juggling an incredibly busy schedule with three launches a quarter, she was now also dealing with children at home due to the pandemic. Feeling the burnout herself, Kristen recognized a need for her unique skill set in the female entrepreneur space. In the last year, she has pivoted her services to teach smaller businesses to learn how to grow without burning out.
More about Kristen:
Kristen Westcott is a business growth and systems strategist who has spent the last decade in the legal and education fields supporting leaders and students in the areas of goal setting, productivity, and project management. After recognizing her true passion lies in serving entrepreneurs, Kristen honed her skills as a Director of Operations.
She quickly noticed that what was holding many business owners back wasn’t a lack of drive or ability, but a lack of foundational systems that could support the day-to-day operations of a scaling business. These days, she spends her time helping online coaches, copywriters, and service providers scale without the frustration that massive growth often brings.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode about project management, we cover:
- Why project management systems are necessary for organizing your workload and providing one space to hold your business materials
- How project management tools can be used when you bring in support to grow your business
- The pros and cons of Asana, Trello, and ClickUp
- Assigning priority levels, subcategories, and deadlines to different tasks in your project management system
- How much time you should spend maintaining your systems once they are established
- The importance of having a “CEO Day” where you can focus on all the tasks you’ve been avoiding or pushing off to later dates
- When to touch base with clients and how to integrate that into your schedule
- and, how many business growth strategies you should be following at one time
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Kristen’s website, Kristen Wescott Media
- Connect with Kristen on Facebook and Instagram
- Download Kristen’s free Focus Framework to help you narrow down what specific areas to focus on according to the business phase you’re in (and what you can worry about later)
- Check out ClickUp’s useful How To webinars
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!