Why do podcasters start a podcast and hire a podcast manager? My guest today, Jenn Bays, helps answer that question. Jenn runs an online agency supporting photographers running a business and she started a podcast in 2020 to help her build her business, gain visibility and grow her network. We talk about what role a podcast plays in her business’s success. And what role her podcast manager plays in that overall success. We discuss how a podcast manager helps a podcaster put out a show and how it takes a team to build a successful podcast. We also discuss Jenn’s biggest challenges as a podcaster and where she sees her business going in the next six months.
Jenn Bays has taken her years in corporate and being a virtual assistant and has identified what services photographers need most. She and her team bring organization to the overwhelmed and systems to the scattered. When she’s not putting together SOPs for her clients, or recording a podcast, you’ll find her with her family, out on their 7 acres in Kentucky, or curled up in bed with a hot cup of coffee and a good book.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- How Jenn got started working online
- How Jenn got interested in podcasting to support her business
- What role Jenn takes in her podcast, and the role her podcast manager takes
- How recording a podcast in seasons helps avoid burnout
- Building connections and relationships through podcasting
- Jenn’s two biggest challenges as a podcaster
- and, Where Jenn sees her business in six month, and how a podcast will help her get there
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Jenn’s website, Beyond The Lens
- Connect with Jenn on Facebook and Instagram
- Listen to Jenn’s podcast, Success Beyond the Lens Podcast
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!