If you or your podcast client have gotten into the habit of judging your show by the download numbers, Stop! Today I’m talking about different metrics you can use to measure the success of your podcast. I also discuss why you need more than one statistic to get an accurate read on the growth and impact of your show. If you’re used to seeing huge post followings, I cover how podcasting and social media engagement is different any why you shouldn’t compare those apples to oranges. Finally, I talk about some of the by-products of podcasting, like speaking practice and authority building, and how to track those successes for your podcaster.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Why you need to stop getting hung up on the downloads
- What the average number of downloads is per podcast episode
- Active listening vs. passive clicking
- Using Facebook Ad analytics to gauge audience response to different topics
- Talking to your client about their goals
- Working on podcasts with no Joy
- Ways to measure and encourage listener engagement
- Red and Green flags for a podcast
- and, two numbers you SHOULD be tracking for your client
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Cited during Episode 88: Podcast Statistics and Trends (& Why The Matter)
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!