I have found that as soon as Podcast Manger Program students start to land clients as podcast managers, they often get asked to start pitching their clients to be on other podcasts. But, podcast pitching is not a service that most podcast managers intuitively know how to provide.
As a podcast visibility expert and host of the Go Pitch Yourself podcast, Angie Trueblood knows that the only ‘perfect pitch’ is the one that leads with value and focuses on building a genuine connection. Whether she is teaching entrepreneurs how to pitch themselves or working behind the scenes to secure opportunities for others, Angie leverages her super-connector powers to grow businesses and build long-lasting relationships. When she’s not working with her clients or being active in her local community, she loves exploring Richmond, Virginia’s parks and playgrounds with her two kiddos, checking out new restaurants with her hubs, and laughing about motherhood over cocktails with friends.
Whether or not this is a service you are currently offering, or thinking about offering, this is definitely a service you’ll want to keep in your back pocket or use right away.
Let me know what questions you have about podcast pitching, over on Instagram!
In this episode about podcast pitching, we cover:
- Why you want to pitch your clients to be on other podcasts
- Crafting the perfect podcast pitch based on your clients goals
- Choosing your clients 3-5 “talk topics” based on what shows you are pitching your client to be on
- Should you guarantee your client results?
- What to do if you don’t get any YES the first month
- How to price your podcast pitching package
- Do’s and don’ts when pitching your clients to be on other shows
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Angie on Facebook, Instagram, or on her website
- Grab Angie’s Roadmap for Podcast Pitching Success – that details the 6 steps needed in any effective podcast pitching strategy, plus the most common mistakes to avoid
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!
Disclaimer: This post about FB ads may contain affiliate links which means if you choose to purchase from clicking on the link, I will receive a commission from the seller at no cost to you. I only share products I have used and love!