Podcasting is a fast paced and quickly growing industry, but what’s going to happen next? Today, Sara Whittaker and I share our podcast predictions for the podcasting industry in 2023. First we discuss some trends and stats for podcasting from the last year and how they will affect the industry in the future. Next Sara and I each give our predictions for the changes, growth, and future of the podcasting industry for the next year. We discuss our predictions in sponsorships, video podcasting, podcast specific tools and software, and more.
Sara Whittaker is the owner of the boutique podcasting agency Podcasting For Educators. She is also the Director of Customer Success inside the Podcast Manager Program. She is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to podcasting!
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- Turning newsletters into podcasts
- The growth of podcasting listeners in the past year and some podcast stats
- The innovation and growth of podcasting specific software, tools, features, and hosting platforms
- The value of “micro-influencer” sponsorship opportunities and cross promotion ads
- The expanding of the podcast scene from radio personalities to the novice podcaster, and more diverse voices
- Advancements in video podcasting with youtube, spotify, and others
- and, The future of Apple tags and searching podcast audio to find topics and new shows and episodes
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Sara’s Website, Podcasting for Educators
- Connect with Sara on Facebook and Instagram
- Listen to Sara’s podcast: Podcasting for Educators
- Edison Research
- Hey Mr Jim podcast
- Podnews article, Apple tagging
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!