I am really excited to share today’s episode! My guest today is my podcast manager, Marcie Paige. If it surprises you that I have a podcast manager, it really shouldn’t. Podcasters are not able to get much done if they don’t have a podcast manager, myself included. So, Marcie is that person for me.
Marcie and I have known each other for two years and she was the very first person to enrol in my program back when it was called Podcast Manager Jumpstart. Today, you will hear that story from Marcie, as well as her story of becoming a virtual assistant, then niching down to podcast management, landing a role as a subcontractor and what she did after getting that experience.
Marcie Paige is a podcast producer and strategist for coaches and course creators who don’t have the time (or technical skills) to edit and manage their own podcast. She goes beyond basic editing and her obsession is and making sure you show up perfectly – while also handling all the details and moving pieces, so you can get organized and have someone to hold you accountable.
When she’s not managing her clients podcasts, you’ll find her in the kitchen batching paleo freezer meals, binge-watching the latest Netflix TV drama series, or sipping on a seasonal Starbucks latte while managing her YNAB budget. Marcie is also a wife and mom to 2 entrepreneurial teenage daughters!
If you want to chat more about this topic, we would love to have a conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode about starting a podcast management business as a subcontractor, we cover:
- How Marcie started her podcast management business as a subcontractor
- The skills and experience you gain working as a subcontractor
- What do podcasters look for in a podcast manager?
- The value of good content editing skills
- Do you need to be detail oriented to be a podcast manager?
- and, Lauren’s Certificate of Completion program
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Marcie on Instagram and Facebook
- Visit Marcie’s website
- Book a strategy call with Marcie
- Listen to episode 31: How to take time off as a podcast manager
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!