Welcome to another Success Story episode! Today we are chatting with Brandee Nichols on being a multi-passionate podcast manager. Brandee tells us her story of starting her podcast management business, how she got started working online, what her day-to-day looks like as a podcast manager, and how she has realized she is multi-passionate and how that’s playing out in her podcast management business. We also discuss what’s a podcast season, getting rid of the corporate mindset when working as an entrepreneur, and avoiding the pitfalls of burnout so you can live your life on your terms.
Brandee Nichols is a former nurse and English teacher turned podcast manager and podcaster. She helps online business owners spread their unique and powerful messages by launching, editing, and managing their podcasts. As a podcaster herself, she knows how hard it can be to manage all of the behind-the-scenes tasks for a podcast and the benefits of having someone on your team. When not working on or listening to podcasts, you can find Brandee playing or cuddling with her cat, browsing the aisles of secondhand shops, or watching Friends for the millionth time.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- How Brandee first started working online and how she heard about podcast management
- What Brandee’s day-to-day looks as a podcast manager
- Getting rid of the corporate mindset when working as an entrepreneur
- Brandee’s podcast The Tea on Sustainable Living
- Labelling your podcast in seasons and what that entails
- Where Brandee envisions her business going in the next couple months
- What is a multi-passionate podcast manager
- Where Brandee found her last client
- and, living your own life and avoiding pitfalls of burnout
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Brandee’s website, Brandee Nichols and The Tea on Sustainable Living
- Connect with Brandee on Instagram, Brandee Nichols and The Tea on Sustainable Living
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!