Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
My guest, Char Alves, has achieved the work-life balance dream: to make money, have time for yourself, and do something you love. Today on the show we talk about how she has built a lucrative podcast management business that allows her the flexibility she needs for self-care while managing a chronic illness. We also discuss fears and hesitation. For some, fear can be a great motivator, but for many of us it’s the thing that stops us from trying something new, telling our stories, and sharing our message. As a Podcast Manager, sometimes we need to coach our clients and ourselves through that fear and insecurity to deliver their message.
In her time as a Podcast Manager and Strategist, Char has been able to use her profession for good by pushing forward social justice issues. She talks about doing this by reaching out to prominent voices on important topics that may have been put off by trolls and negativity from other platforms. She encourages them to deliver their message in the safe, uncensored space that is podcasting. Not only has this tactic helped her to build her ideal client list, but it also enables her to further the causes she cares about in both her personal and professional lives.
Char Alves is a Podcast Manager and Strategist who specializes in working primarily with Medics, Therapists and Life Coaches in the relationships, sex and intimacy niches. Char uses the power of podcasts to help her clients build inclusive communities and vocalize important issues traditionally censored on social media.
Outside of podcasting Char is passionate about politics, social justice issues and a self-confessed shark geek. Originally from the UK, Char lives in the south of Brazil with her Brazilian husband and can usually be found either on the beach reading a non-fiction book or binge-watching all 15 seasons of ER (again!).
If you want to chat more, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode about podcast management, we cover:
- Growing your confidence by putting in the time to learn the job inside and out and making sure that you develop at your own pace without comparing yourself to others
- Cold calling and supporting potential clients emotionally by inviting them into the world of podcasting and making it feel like an inclusive space
- Managing insecurities about sounding dumb, causing offence, and coming off the wrong way, and the inevitable self-corrections needed to be successful
- Setting up your business and establishing boundaries to suite your needs and ensure the flexibility you desire
- and, helping clients choose a hosting platform for their podcast based not on what the industry favorite is, but what makes sense for them, their budget, and their goals
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Char on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!