Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
All types of people are coming into the podcast niche and really making it their own. Today I am talking with Cristy Stebelton, a Podcast Management Program success story, as we take a glimpse into her podcast management business and journey to finding her own niche and ideal clients. We discuss what her typical work day looks like, letting go of clients that aren’t a good match, and what to do when you make a mistake. We also talk about the benefits of community and setting boundaries with your clients. We finish with advice Cristy would have given herself six months ago, and her future plans for her business.
Cristy’s journey into podcasting started when a VA client in 2019 asked if she wanted to learn how to manage her podcast. She just fell completely in love with the work and the industry. Since then, she’s helped Christian women launch and run their business and/or faith-based podcasts.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- Cristy’s journey to podcast management
- Finding clients that are a good match and letting go of clients that aren’t
- The benefits of participating in a podcast management community
- Cristy’s ideal client and finding your niche
- Pivoting when something doesn’t work
- How often Cristy works and what her workday looks like
- and, Adjusting podcast managing to your schedule and setting boundaries in scheduling
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about how to work with Cristy
- Connect with Christy on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!