The beauty of being your own boss is being able to make your own schedule and work on what you want, when you want. Switching your mindset from employee to business owner can be tough, but you CAN do it! Today I’m speaking with another of my Podcast Manager Program graduates, Leah Bryant. Leah went from working for a bank investigating fraud to running her own podcast management business and employing other amazing women. We discuss how she started her business, it’s growth, and where she plans to go with it next!
Leah Bryant is a fraud investigator turned podcast editor + producer. She went from fighting crime to conquering “ums” and “uhs” (basically the same thing, right???). She’s a strategic podcast producer helping coaches launch and maintain their podcasts so they can share their inspirational and helpful messages—without the podcast taking over their lives. She took her superpowers of being an investigator—like her attention to detail and the ability to look at a problem from 10,000 feet—and find a solution and strategy that best fits her clients podcasting needs. She’s also a wife and momma to a 3.5-year old that keeps her busy with legos, trucks, and playdoh. She’s also an avid baker and her family collects classic American muscle cars. Her pride and joy (aside from Ezra) is her 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger!
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Leah found Podcast Management
- Growing your business with a young family
- Setting your own schedule and being your own boss as a podcast producer
- Being honest with potential clients about your experience
- Using your focused time wisely
- Where to find clients
- Figuring out who YOU want to work with
- What a good team brings to your business
- Learning to let go of roles and responsibilities
- and, setting your own goals growing your business at your own pace
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Leah’s website, Leah Bryant Co.
- Connect with Leah on Instagram
- Learn more about the VA program Leah took, The Virtual Savvy
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!