Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
Today I am talking to Sara Whittaker about her journey from teacher to virtual assistant, to podcast manager, to agency owner and course creator. This is a story that spans multiple years. If you’re curious on what it looks like to become a podcast manager, Sara’s story is going to be very impactful. In this episode Sara and I talk about her success story as a podcast manager. We discuss how she landed her first client, what her business looked like in the early days, and what it looks like now. We also talk about finding your niche as a podcast manager, developing a positive mindset around your business, and the joy in the flexibility and choice of working from home.
Sara Whittaker is an elementary school teacher turned podcast strategist, course creator, and the founder of Podcasting for Educators. She and her team help TpT authors and other online educators launch, manage and grow their podcasts. She loves continuing to serve teachers by helping her clients get their knowledge, expertise, and guidance into the ears of those who need it most! Sara hosts her own podcast, Podcasting for Educators, where she shares new podcasting tips every Wednesday. She is also on my team as Director of Customer Success, and helps me in supporting our students as they start and grow their podcast management businesses.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Sara first started working online and her journey from VA to podcast manager
- Sara’s favorite thing to do as a podcast manager
- How Sara landed her first podcast manager client
- The biggest benefits of working with niche clients
- Overcoming fears and going all in with a niche
- How to continue on with your business when you are in a low spot or a negative head space
- Developing an abundance mindset when looking for clients
- The importance of community, groups, and finding connections with others in the podcast management space
- The flexibility and perks of working from home as a podcast manager
- Being in the driver’s seat of your own schedule and time
- and, Sara’s goals for her business in the future
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Sara’s website, Podcasting for Educators
- Subscribe to Sara’s podcast: Podcasting for Educators
- Connect with Sara on Instagram
- Listen to, Episode 39: What a podcast strategist is and if you should call yourself one
- Listen to, Episode 84: 5 podcast predictions for 2022 with Sara Whittaker
- Listen to, Episode 139: Podcast predictions for 2023 with Sara Whittaker
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!