Podcast management businesses are so similar, yet so different from each other. I love how you can take your business and have it fit your own lifestyle. Today I’m talking to one of my Podcast Manager Program graduates, Kim Parkinson, all about that. We discuss Kim’s journey from craft store owner to podcast manager and everywhere in between. Kim walks us through how she got started working online, how she found podcast management, how she pulled from her past business experiences to build her podcast management business, and what her business looks like now. Kim shares how often she works, how she found her clients and what she is offering them.
Kim Parkinson is a crafty, geeky podcast producer, devoted to helping her clients turn their audio into a form of art. With her vast experience as a CEO and Business Owner, Web Developer, Social Media Manager, VA, Class Instructor, and even Television Host and Executive Producer, Kim started KP Creative Media and loves to help her clients craft the best podcast they can have.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- How Kim got started working online
- What attracted Kim to podcast management
- Where Kim found her first client
- The importance of following up with potential clients
- Using podcasts as a marketing tool for your clients
- How many hours Kim works a week
- How knowing your client better makes you more valuable to them in the long term
- What services Kim offers and what’s her favorite
- Where Kim sees herself and her business in the future
- Kim’s advice to new podcast managers
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Kim’s website, KP Creative Media
- Connect with Kim on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!