It was Jerry Weintraub that said “Relationships are the only thing that matters in business and in life.” For Podcast Managers, those are words to live and prosper by. Today I’m interviewing one of my former students, Megan King, about client relationships and service offerings. She talks about her transition from freelance copywriter to Podcast Manager and how she has maintained her relationship with the first client she ever landed. Megan also shares some great tips on how to determine the direction of your business.
Megan King is a graduate of my course, The Podcast Manager Program, and has been running her own management business since 2019. While she offers the standard set of services, Megan is particularly focused on the launch and strategy aspects of podcasting. Today, Megan talks about the mental hurdles and self-confidence issues she had to overcome when she first started her business. She also speaks about her new group launch program called Podcasting for Business Growth. Megan explains what her new program entails and why she thinks potential podcasters will love it!
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Why you ARE “techy” enough to be a Podcast Manager
- Balancing work time and mom time
- What it really means to be an Expert
- How getting to know your clients can help business growth and retention
- Pitching new offerings to current clients
- Experimenting with services to find the right fit for you
- and, launching new podcasts with group support
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Megan’s website, Megan King Services
- Connect with Megan on Instagram
- Learn more about Megan’s Podcast for Business Growth group program
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!