One thing I have noticed with so many successful podcast managers is that there is a turning point in their business when things really start to flow. I wanted to talk to more of these students to hear about this turning point, so that I could share it with you. Starting a business is not for the faint of heart, and the idea that it begins to flow at a certain point is something we want to learn about and have happen in our own businesses.
So with this in mind, today we are doing an update on a success story we released in April of 2022. That was Kim Parkinson’s story of how she went from being a craft store owner to a podcast manager. When we recorded that episode Kim had been a podcast manager for two years, and now we get to hear how her business has changed and morphed since we had that conversation. I ask her about her own turning point in her business when things really started to flow.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- Kim’s catalyst and turning point in her business to go from a podcast manager to a podcast agency
- What Kim outsources in her business and what she handles herself
- Going the extra mile for the client vs setting business boundaries
- The mindset shift needed to focus exclusively on podcast management
- What Kim is able to do now that she couldn’t do before having her own home business
- How many clients you can manage on your own working fulltime
- What Kim would like to build in her business in the next six months
- The many layers of podcast management and learning new skills on the job
- and, The advice Kim would have loved to have when she first started out
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Kim’s website, KP Creative Media
- Connect with Kim on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Listen to, Episode 104: Success Story: Kim Parkinson on her journey from craft store owner to podcast manager
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!