Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
Today I want to talk to you about private podcasting and where it is going in 2023 and beyond. And who better to talk about the subject with than Marcie Paige and Leah Bryant, the co-creators of Get Pod Famous and Welcome Series Makeover—where they help podcasters elevate their brand with private podcasting formulas. Marcie and Leah also have their own podcast management businesses. In this episode, we are talking about their new collaboration, The Podcast Effect. They are going to give you some great ideas on how to implement private podcasting into your own client’s businesses, and one way you can scale your business as a podcast manager.
Marcie helps psychotherapists and personal development coaches launch and grow a podcast—to showcase their expertise and expand their reach beyond the couch. (Her background is in business administration + baby sign language.) And Leah helps coaches and course creators launch and manage the podcast of their dreams seamlessly—so they have more time and energy. (Her background is as a fraud investigator.) Together, they are, The Podcast Effect.
They had separate aha! moments about how helpful private podcasts could be. (It’s the queen of repurposing!) Marcie started thinking in terms of audio courses. And Leah turned her email welcome sequence into a private podcast.
In this episode, we cover:
- How Marcie and Leah went from individual podcast managers to co-creating private podcast courses
- The reason they decided to niche down into private podcasting
- Using newsletters and course creation as a content basis for your private podcast
- Ways to use free private podcasts in your clients’ business
- Subscription-based private podcasts in addition to the free public podcast
- Leah and Marcie’s course on how to introduce private podcasts into your client’s freebies or welcome packages
- Recommendations for the best platforms for private podcasting
- 2023 predictions for podcast and audio media
- Marcie and Leah’s future plans for their own private podcast business
If you want to chat more about any of these topics, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Learn more about private podcasting, The Podcast Effect
- Connect with The Podcast Effect on Instagram
- Learn more about, Get Pod Famous and Welcome Series Makeover
- Listen to, Episode 44: Success Story: Starting Your Podcast Management Business As A Subcontractor With Marcie Paige
- Listen to, Episode 89: Success Story: From Fraud Investigator To Podcast Producer With PMP Student, Leah Bryant
- Start a private podcast on HelloAudio.fm
- Host your podcast on Captivate.fm
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!