You do not have to be an expert audio editor to make money as a podcast manager. In fact, Podcast Management is much more than podcast editing and getting stuck in that idea can hold you back as a podcast manager. The majority of us are coming in to podcast management without that technical piece of editing, but it is a skill that can be learned and when combined with the whole package of skills a manager offers, you can have a successful business. In this episode, I share how to break the mindset block that you need to be an expert editor, how to improve your editing skills, getting useful feedback, and increasing your confidence as a podcast manager.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- You don’t have to be an expert level audio editor to be a great podcast manager
- How to tell if your audio editing skills is good enough
- What to do if you are not interested in offering editing in your podcast management package
- How to get feedback and testimonials on your audio editing
- Increasing your confidence and comfortable in your new podcast management business
- Getting out of the rut of perfecting your skills and taking the next step
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 190: What IS podcast management?
- Get started with Audacity (it’s free!)
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!