Today I’m excited to share insights on essential tools and strategies for podcast managers! I break down the top three things you need to succeed as a podcast manager: skills, a system, and a community. And what it truly takes to be successful in this competitive industry.
The path to becoming a successful podcast manager involves learning essential skills, establishing structured processes, cultivating a supportive community, and incorporating efficient tools into your workflow. Embracing these foundational elements will contribute to your growth and success as a podcast manager.
Plus, I share my top five favorite tools for podcast managers, including scheduling software, contract and invoice management platforms, audio editing tools, project management systems, and design software. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to refine your toolkit, these recommendations have you covered.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- The minimal approach to being successful as a new podcast manager
- Top 5 tools for successful podcast managers
- The importance of acquiring and developing skills
- Importance of skills in building confidence
- Leveraging a community for support during setbacks
- and, The benefit of using social media for connecting with potential clients
Top 5 Tools for podcast managers:
- Calendly: A scheduling tool simplifying client bookings and enhancing accessibility.
- HoneyBook: An all-in-one platform for contracts, invoices, and client management.
- Audacity: A user-friendly audio editing software, essential for podcast production.
- Trello: A versatile project management tool ideal for organizing podcast tasks and timelines.
- Canva: A graphic design platform for the creation of attractive visuals for podcast branding and promotion.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!