Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
Today my guest is Email Marketing Strategist Magan Ward. We discuss how you can help your podcast clients turn their podcast listeners into email subscribers so they can build a relationship with them outside the podcast. Magan shares with us why email lists are so important to podcasters, and she gives us some amazing strategies and tips to start or grow your email list. We discuss creating bite-sized lead magnets, what to include in your emails, and how to engage and retain your subscribers. She also shares examples how email lists have helped her client increase their monthly downloads to almost 1M downloads a month, and how you can too.
Magan Ward is an Email Marketing Strategist that grew her own email list by 78% in less than one month with her signature pop-up podcast system. She specializes in helping podcasters expand their audiences, increase downloads, and grow their email list by leveraging their podcast platforms.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- How Magan started working online and her work with podcasters
- Podcasting as a business vs podcasting as a lead magnet to your business
- Why email lists are important to podcasters
- Using your unique brand to create content that draws new subscribers to your email list
- Creating bite-size lead magnets to entice new subscribers
- What does it take to get someone to give you their email address
- How often should podcasters talk about lead magnets and how often should they change it up
- How to engage and retain subscribers once they are on the email list
- What to include in your emails to your subscribers
- What you can do today to start or grow your email list
- and, The fine line between effective lead magnets and giving too much away
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Magan’s website, Magan Ward
- Connect with Magan on Instagram
- Grow Your Podcast: Free Guide to Growing Your Podcast with Your Email List
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!