If you don’t know much about podcast advertising, or you want to help your clients to monetize their podcast, this episode is for you. My guest today is Heather Osgood, the founder of True Native Media, a boutique podcast representation agency specializing in podcast advertising. We talk about common terms and types of advertising that can happen on a podcast, and what role a podcast manager can play in this podcast advertising space. We also discuss different approaches to podcast advertising, the benefits advertising can have (even with a small podcast), and the misconceptions podcasters have around advertising.
With an extensive background in radio advertising and love for podcasting, Heather was in a unique position to start an agency that could help both advertisers get better results and assist podcasters in finding sponsors. She is an influential voice in the podcast advertising space and has sold over 50K ads in the last five years. Heather is also the Podcast Moneymaker’s creator, a course designed for podcasters who want the formula, tools, and tactics to get advertisers in 6 weeks. She is the host of The Podcast Advertising Playbook, a show dedicated to educating anyone interested in podcast advertising.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- The differences between radio ads and podcast ads
- The influence of recommendations
- Minimum download threshold needed to land paid sponsorships
- Dynamic ad insertion vs embedded ads
- How many ads should you place in each episode?
- Programmatic advertising
- The benefits of affiliate advertising
- and, misconceptions that podcasters have around advertising
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Heather’s website, True Native Media
- Connect with Heather on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Subscribe to Heather’s Youtube channel, True Native Media Agency
- Learn how to stop struggling to monetize your podcast with advertisers with Heathers step-by-step system: The Podcast Moneymaker Course and Podcast Sponsorship Preparedness Templates
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!