If there is one thing I talk to my students about on a regular basis it is processes. The reason I talk about processes so much is because of our collective desire to run businesses that give us peace and not chaos, so that we can have consistent work and consistent pay and therefore show up big in the other places of our lives. So, it was a no-brainer to bring on Melissa Morris, the founder of Agency Authority, a project management and operations consultancy, to talk about this exact topic. In this chat with Melissa, we talked about how we have this natural tendency to over-deliver, how we can use automation to our benefit, the importance of proper onboarding, and establishing clear client processes, communication, and boundaries. We also discuss how creating systems and operations in your podcast management business gives you more time, more money and increased emotional capacity to spend where you want.
Melissa Morris uses her ten years of agency experience to help business owners maximize their teams, increase their productivity, and grow their profits. Firmly committed to breaking the ‘long hours and bad pay’ stigma that plagues the agency world, she helps business owners, and their team members do the work they love without sacrificing client satisfaction, the bottom line, or their own sanity.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Melissa got started working online
- The line between over-delivering and high value
- Proper onboarding and being clear with your client what is and is not including in your service packages
- How to respond to your clients needs while keeping boundaries and respecting your time
- The benefits of standardization in your workflow
- Using automation to your advantage while still connecting to your client
- How to avoid wasted time and human errors when communicating with your client using a clear and documented process
- How to ensure your client reads and understands the contract including key points, boundaries, and turn around times
- Using template style emails in uncomfortable client situations, and when it is the best time to write them
- and, Some wins Melissa has seen from her own clients using standardization and automation
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Melissa’s website, Agency Authority
- Connect with Melissa on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Learn more about Melissa and how you can work with here HERE.
- Land your first high-paying podcast management client in just 3 days! with Ready, Set, Clients!
- To learn how to earn $5k per month as a podcast manager (without taking on a million clients!) grab a seat in our free masterclass at laurenwrighton.com/masterclass
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!