Did you know that 76% of listeners take action after listening to an ad during a podcast? That’s mind-blowing! Today I’m talking about why podcasting ads are so effective and how you, as a podcast manager, can gain confidence in talking to your clients about monetizing their show with ads. I also discuss podcasting ad terminology, what types of ads are most effective, and ad pricing strategies. Finally, I show you an example of a podcast ad through my partnership with Audible, then discuss 3 tips I use on how to create an effective podcast ad for your client.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- Why podcasting ads are so effective
- Gaining confidence in talking to your clients about ads in their podcast
- Why you only need a couple companies for ads to be successful
- Podcasting ads terminology: Preroll, Midroll, Postroll
- What type of ads are most effective
- Ad pricing strategies
- Finding companies to advertise that are a great match with your client
- How you can have a successful ad campaign, even with lower download numbers
- and, 3 tips on creating effective ads during a podcast
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Sign up for a 30-day free trial with Audible
- Listen to Episode 25: Getting your client ROI on their podcast
- Listen to Episode 49: Monetize a podcast with these 4 strategies
- *Article referenced during the episode (2021 statistics): Is podcast advertising effective?
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!