Today we are talking about video podcasts! Whether or not you should consider offering it and some considerations to make if you do decide to include it as part of your podcast management package. I’ve been receiving a lot of questions about this service, so today’s episode is a Q&A recording I hosting with Alexis Archuleta who has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to video editing for podcasts. Alexis found herself being asked more and more frequently to do video editing and learned that she really enjoyed it! As a result, Alexis has lots of ideas to share with anyone interested in including video editing as part of their podcast management package.
Video editing is similar to audio editing in many ways, but will still take some time to learn if it’s new to you. In this episode, Alexis shares some of her tricks for streamlining her workflow, what types of packages she offers, and what realistic expectations around video editing look like. She also shares a few considerations you should make before deciding whether or not video editing is something you should offer.
Alexis Archuleta is a PMP student who got her start as a virtual assistant. A year after doing all things content, she decided to put her focus on the areas she loves most – video and podcasts. As video gained traction in the online space, Alexis found more and more podcasters coming to her for help in bringing a visual aspect to their podcast. With her 8+ years of video editing and her love for podcasts, she knew that she found her path.
Alexis loves to help podcasters all over the world spread their message with video while also maintaining her love of travel. When she’s in the U.S., she spends her time between Texas and Oregon, but every now and then you can find her abroad somewhere, enjoying the white sandy beaches, eating the local foods, and doing her best to learn the local language.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- How to learn the basics of video editing
- Things to consider before offering video editing in your podcast management package
- Video editing packages and pricing samples
- The differences between audio editing and video editing
- and, having realistic expectations around editing video for your clients
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Alexis on Facebook and Instagram
- Complete the survey by June 9th: https://laurenwrighton.com/survery
- Learn Audio Editing and Video Editing with Mike Russel on Youtube
- Find the YouTube Reach Whitepaper on Podtrac
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!