The podcast world is growing and improving, and paid podcasting is becoming a huge part of that world. In my show today, I’m talking about the benefits of paid podcasting for your clients. We will discuss the differences between Patreon and Apple Podcast Subscriptions and I will give my recommendation for which platform I prefer and why. I will also discuss what types of clients would benefit from using a paid podcasting service, and which clients may not be interested. Finally, I discuss a common mistake to avoid when starting out and the solution to help your clients make the most of the paid podcasting experience.
If you want to chat more about this topic, I would love to continue this conversation with you, over on Instagram!
In this episode we cover:
- What is paid podcasting
- Patreon vs Apple Podcast subscriptions
- What’s included in a Patreon subscription
- What type of clients will benefit from using paid podcasting
- and, a common mistake to avoid when starting a Patreon account
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Listen to Lauren’s interview on, Build Your Tribe | Grow Your Business with Social Media
- Go to, Charlene’s show notes: Should You Start a Patreon or Apple Subsction? with Lauren Wrighton
- Watch How To Make Money Using Patreon for Your Podcast on YouTube
- Check out Heather McDonald’s Patreon account
- Kids Short Stories with Mr. Jim
- Are you ready to become a PROFITABLE podcast manager?! Check out my masterclass on how to become a profitable podcast manager without working more than 20 hours per week!
- Join the Podcast Manager Mastermind fb group to connect with other podcast managers
More about The Podcast Manager Show:
With over 90k new podcasts started each month, podcast managers are desperately in need! In the first podcast DESIGNED for podcast managers, your host, Lauren Wrighton, will be sharing exactly how to build a profitable podcast management business without working more than 20 hours a week!
Lauren Wrighton is a podcast strategist who went from making $5 an hour to $50+ an hour in less than 6 months by making a few changes to her business. Now she teaches freelancers how to become profitable podcast managers in her course, The Podcast Manager Program!
Tune in each week to get one step closer to running the profitable Podcast Management business of your dreams!